“The Colapintail has been a board Ryan Engle and I have been working on for a long time. It’s a board that has helped me bridge the gap between longboarding and shortboarding because of its ability to trim, noseride, and turn. Originally influenced by Wayne Lynch, the first of these boards had a way wider tail, tons of Vee, and an 11’’ fin. After that, I realized why boards have been modified to where they are at now and began to draw more modern influences from people like Tommy Witt and Ryan Burch. I turned the rails down to allow for more speed to be carried throughout turns and nose rides, and also concaved out the vee in the tail, making for a spiral vee / double concave. I believe this helps put the board on rail, while still maintaining control. This board has been tried and tested at many reef breaks throughout Southern California, and is great for paddle power at waves that can be frustrating on a shortboard, and too intense for a log. I believe these style boards were called “fun boards” for a reason.” – Corey Colapinto
“These longboard Colapintails are a design I’ve been working on for a few years with Ryan Engle and CJ Nelson. These boards have helped me bridge the gap between logging and performance style longboards. Having a pintail with downrails, it allows for very smooth and critical turns, and having a single fin helps the board trim and nose ride with speed and stability. To help design this board, I took the concept of my mid-length and stretched it out into a longboard version. I’ve surfed this board at many different reef breaks in Southern California but mostly catered it to the wave style of San Onofre, where the waves are long and soft.” – Corey Colapinto
8’3″ x 21 1/2″ x 2 3/4″ (55 L)
Width 12″ from nose: 17 11/16″
Width 12″ from tail:13 13/16
8’9″ x 22 3/4″ x 3″ (63 L)
Width 12″ from nose: 18 1/4″
Width 12″ from tail: 13 7/8″
9’3″ x 22.5″ x 2.88″ (67 L)
9’9″ x 23″ x 3.13″ (79 L)
Single Fin System
Recommended Fin Set-up: Flying Diamonds Revival Fin
- Japanese manufactured carbon fiber. The best quality in the world
- Flex characteristics….slow flex and fast rebound. Super responsive and snappy due to quick rebound rate. Ultra performance.
- Our lightest material with the best strength to weight ratio.
- Blend of traditional fiberglass and opaque pigment to give that classic look.
- Flex characteristics… Most amount of flex out of all of our lamination process. Immediate addiction warning.
- Traditional look with space-age feel.
- Made the old fashion way with traditional fiberglass, polyurethane blank and resin.
- We can shape, glass and color you up any custom or model you’d like.
- Inquire through our contact page and we will get back to you in a timely fashion.
- 6-8 weeks build time.